Saturday, November 28, 2009

"I need my family!"

That is a direct and shameless quote from my little 3-year-old nephew, Nicolas, who stated this little piece of true wisdom at the Thanksgiving table after they had returned home from the frenzied wedding weekend at our house.

Ahhh! SUCH a glorious time! I have to tell the world (or at least the small followers of this teensy blog) how impressed/proud/humbled I was by the sight of our entire extended family heaving-to and making this wedding not only HAPPEN, but making it a beautiful, personal, creatively touched event. My family....my family. Couldn't have done it without my family and a few of our dearest, generous friends who gave of themselves with their selfless, seemingly tireless, loving and joyful contributions on every front; from floral arranging to fancy sandwich making to sign-design to makeup artistry on what seemed to be an endless stream of cheerful bridesmaids and the utter grunt-work of set up and tear down involved in a backyard reception. It was this beautiful, warm event that none of us will ever, ever forget. The culmination, of course, was sitting on that golf green and hearing Heidi and Scott pledge their lives and love to one another as the ocean breeze ruffled Heidi's dress and hair. I'm fairly certain that the only dry eyes in the house were those of the worms underground, waiting for some peace and quiet.

At any rate, I echo Nicolas' sage remark, "I need my family!" Because, they are the best people on the planet.

Basking in the memory and wishing you all a happy and blessed holiday season,
Candy

1 comment:

Jen (Sis #2) said...

INDEED. I so agree. It was such a privilege to be a part of such a wonderful event. Miss you. LOTS.