Saturday, May 9, 2009

Eavesdropping

Evidently, Gary, being of the "Inquiring Minds Want To Know" type, has cleverly figured out how to fit an ear trumpet against a wall in the heavenly realms, caught the following exchange and passed it on to me. I especially loved discovering that the personal angel currently assigned to me is a nasaly Hispanic dude. I feel kinda sorry for him. It would appear that I'm a somewhat troublesome charge:

"Candy needs a break; I want her to stop for a bit. So, put a "hold" on the Snells and Beardsleys vist; will that do it? [No boss. She not stop for nuting.] Ya, I know; that's my Candy. Any other ideas? [No boss. She no stop ever. You know dis'. We hava debilitate har.] Tsk, tsk. I hate doing that. OK, I'm not watching...".

And you know the rest of the story. I AM enjoying my rest, by the way. Not so much the clumpy boot, but I'm getting some extra reading done (more on that later), and I actually have a strappy sandal for my good foot that matches the clumpy boot in color, so at least my stylin' sensibilities aren't too deeply offended. Plus, I'm still allowed to swim, so all the chocolate I'm eating won't hang on quite as tenaciously as it might have otherwise.

Thanks for the insight, Gar. Maybe I'll think twice about stressing Hector out next time I push myself to work quite so hard.....

No comments: